29.5.09

these words are the bestest


Generally speaking, I'm a big fan of words. I like the way different letters relate to one another visually. I like word games. I like tinkering with words. I like the sound of words like "tinkering." I like just about everything about them. But, since my right hand was casted, I'm especially fond of a certain group of words — those that can be found on the left side of home row.

I decided to create a running list of these words. It's been fun. My friends Colin and Joe even chimed in that the longest word possible on the south side of the keyboard is: stewardesses. I had no idea. I also noticed that if you're going compose sentences on the left side, they'll all have to be exclamatory because the only punctuation on my new favorite side is an exclamation point. You can, however, vary the number of exclamation points for extra EMPHASIS (YOU ALSO HAVE THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON)!!!! 

Anyway, here's my running list. Feel free to add some of your own in the comments section. You can even put an exclamatory sentence together, if you feel like it.

tread creed raze axe
cave swerve trade trader
grave best bestest were
wad weeds crease grease
wart fart free as
test testes texas verve
swagger craze greatest raw
wax trade sax  vexes
dread gas crass west
vest zest Qatar stewardesses
rear exact dates rates
rat drat err tweed
dazed desert sexes fever
era dessert

Yeah. Let's end with dessert!!!!!!



6 comments:

  1. You know I like that kind of ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as we ate bread stewardesses served tart teas as taste tests.

    a few dresser drawers face west.

    wax straws taste best.

    we are wettest after we secrete sweat.

    we wear tweed vests abreast as we exact street cred.

    creeds trace Easter.

    crews traversed seas west.

    Ted craves sax acts. Sax acts!

    Steve Sax at 2 base!

    we deserve a rest.

    grace awes.

    grace staggers.

    grace rests.

    beasts are a test.

    verbs act.

    adverbs grace acts.

    bears defecate at trees.

    bear caves are grave fears.

    a few bears eat straw.

    sects grew creeds.

    we are vexed at badass swagger.

    water sates.

    we are best at zest.

    bears beget bears.

    tasers are feared.

    we crave rest.

    trees are axed.

    tracers arc.

    art creates.

    as we are awed we serve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess i should amend my post above by deleting each "." and replacing it with a "!"---but that would be too much work. oh, thought of another:

    As seas crested crews were bested! Bread tasted best battered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed that "fart" and "testes" did not make any of your sentences. However, you made up for it by adding "badass."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Testes are $5 a # at CVS!!!

    Farts are sweet as we eat treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, I don't think I can hold a candle to Mr. Noel's heroic contributions. I wish I could, being sort of a professional wordslinger and all... I'll just add that I particularly loved the ones about secreting sweat and Steve Sax. And I hereby vow to try and form sentences using only the *right*-hand portion of the keyboard, just because it hasn't been done yet. I hope that's helpful.

    "as we are awed, we serve"

    ReplyDelete